If you hear scratching noises in your walls or ceilings, you might have a mouse problem. Mice are not only annoying but also dangerous. They can damage your home, spread diseases, and bring unwanted pests.
That’s why you need to learn how to get rid of mice in walls and ceilings as soon as possible.
Below, we will show you how to get rid of mice in walls and ceilings using some effective methods that will eliminate these rodents and prevent them from coming back.
What Attracts Mice To My Home?
Mice are common household pests that look for:
- Shelter: They can squeeze through tiny gaps and cracks, so you need to seal them well.
- Food: They feed on any crumbs or spills they find, so you need to store food securely and clean up regularly.
- Nesting materials: They build nests using soft or fluffy items, so you need to declutter areas where they might hide.
You can use traps to kill mice but keep them away from children and pets. If your pet acts strangely, it might be a sign of mice in your walls or ceilings.
How to Tell If You Have Mice in Your Home
Mice can cause serious damage to your home, so you need to spot the signs of an infestation early. These include:
- Droppings: Small, pointed pellets or urine stains indicate mice activity.
- Nests: Mice use paper, cardboard, or fabric to build cozy nests in hidden areas.
- Disturbed insulation: Mice may nest in or destroy your insulation, reducing its effectiveness.
- Gnawed wood or drywall: Mice chew through various materials to create pathways and access food sources
- Mice squeaking inside walls: Scratching noises or squeaks from the walls suggest mice are living there.
- The smell of rodent droppings or decay: A foul odor from hidden areas may signal mice waste or dead bodies.
How to Get Rid of Mice in Walls and Ceilings
Mice in your walls and ceilings can damage your home and spread diseases. Here are some methods to get rid of them:
Set Up a Rolling Mouse Bucket Trap
A DIY trap that uses a rolling cylinder and a bucket of water or bait to catch mice.
Get a Plank Bucket Trap
A similar trap that uses a wooden plank and a bucket of water or bait to catch mice.
Use an Ultrasonic Rodent Repeller
A device that emits high-frequency sound waves that annoy mice but not humans or pets.
Deter Mice with Essential Oils
Oils like peppermint or eucalyptus have strong smells that repel mice. Place cotton balls soaked in these oils near mouse entry points or nests.
Clear Away Open Food and Water Sources
Store food securely and clean up spills to remove mouse attractants. Also, remove any water sources like leaky pipes or pet bowls.
What is the Best Way to Get Rid of Your Mice Problem?
If you suspect a mice infestation in your home, it’s essential to act quickly and effectively. While there are numerous DIY methods available for getting rid of mice in walls and ceilings, hiring a rodent control professional is undoubtedly the best course of action. This ensures thorough removal without causing further damage to your property.
Contact the Prosper rodent control professionals at Stampede Pest Control today and schedule an inspection. Our team will get the rodents out of your walls and make sure they never come back.